Find books in the McDonald Library collection.
Current Science Magazines
These magazines are located in the display shelves at front of library.
- New Scientist
- Science News
- Scientific American
- Scientific American Mind
- Wildlife Conservation
Also, take a look at science sections of daily newspapers. The library subscribes to the New York Times, Boston Globe, USA Today.
The following titles are good starting points for finding background information on genetic diseases. Gather keywords and other clues that will be useful for your next stages of research. Combine this information with that found in web-based resources on the next page.
- Encyclopedia of Human Genetics and Disease 2v. R616.042 KELLY
- Gale Encyclopedia of Medicine 3v. R 616.003 LON
- Gale Encyclopedia of Genetic Disorders 2v. R616.042 LER
- Human Diseases and Conditions, 2nd ed. 4v. R616.003 HUM
- Gale Encyclopedia of Science 6v. R503 GAL
- Genetics & Inherited Conditions 3v. R616.042 DAW
- Magill's Medical Guide 6th ed. 6v. R610.3 BRO
- Merck Manual of Medical Information 2nd Home Ed. R616 MER
Some resources listed below include reference information in addition to magazine/periodical articles.