Final Exam for Forensics 1
For your final project, you must produce a poster on a famous case that was solved using forensic science. Your poster should:
1. be standard poster-board size.
2. be attractive and eye-catching. Be creative, but appropriate!
3. be easy to read. Use Spellcheck and edit your work.
4. explain what crime(s) was/were committed.
5. explain who perpetrated the crime.
6. explain when the crime was committed.
7. explain where the crime was committed.
8. explain who the investigator(s) was/were.
9. completely describe the evidence that was found and where it was found.
10. explain how forensic science was used to analyze this evidence, in other words, what
tests and kinds of analysis might have been used? Use the knowledge you have
gained in class to describe the steps investigators might have taken. If you did not
learn about how some of this evidence can be tested or analyzed in class, research
them. Cite your sources!
12. explain what the results of these forensic tests were and how they were used to
make a link to the suspect.
13. give an explanation of the final outcome of the case including whether or not the
suspect was caught, proven guilty or innocent, and what sentence was handed down.
If the suspect is still at large, or if the case was never solved, explain its current status.
14. include at least three good sources. Include a properly formatted bibliography.
Your project is due in the Science Office by 10:00 on Monday morning. Any posters handed in after this deadline will incur a 10-point penalty. You may pass your poster in early if you wish. Below are some crimes/criminals which/who may interest you. Everyone must choose a different criminal and so first come, first served. Many of these are serial killer cases. If you are interested in a case or a different kind of crime not listed below, see me. I’m open to new ideas!
Ronald Cotton Lindbergh kidnapping Charles Albright
Richard Crafts Chandra Levy Richard Angelo
Amanda Davies JFK assassination Joe Ball
Jeffrey MacDonald Martin Luther King, Jr. assass. Robert Berdella
Georgi Markov Zodiac killer Kenneth Bianchi
Colin Ross Jeffrey Dahmer Robert Charles Brown
Wayne Williams Krista Worthington murder Ted Bundy
Angelo Buono OJ Simpson trial Richard Chase
Deal Corll Charles Cullen Albert DeSalvo
Nannie Doss Mack Ray Edwards Kendall Francois
Albert Fish Wayne Adam Ford Joseph Paul Franklin
John Wayne Gacy Donald Henry Gaskins Edward Gein
Kristen Gilbert Vincent Johnson Leonard Lake
Derrick Todd Lee Eddie Leonski Henry Lee Lucas